Monday, October 24, 2016

Science and the Wow Factor!



Many of the Science Animated Step-by-Steps are experiments that are conducted over night or across several days. Titles such as the Bean Experiment, Planting, and the Mealworm Life Cycle are great for promoting charting and journaling. 


My colleague, Dr. Caroline Musselwhite is a strong proponent of using science experiments as an age-appropriate vehicle for practicing AAC use. Recently, I’ve been following her advice … creating science ASbySs that yield a more immediate and dramatic result. Yes, we are pumping up the ‘Wow’ factor in our science experiments!

I recently added three new titles to the Science Project roster: Let’s Make a Cloud, Let’s Make a Volcano and Tornado in a Bottle. Each title is available in three formats: Regular (no symbol support), SymbolStix (n2y) and Picture Communication Symbols (Tobii-Dynavox).






So Dr. Musselwhite …. as usual …. thanks for the sage advice! Hope you like the results.

…’til the next post …  (new posts every Monday)

Visit my website   http://animatedstep-by-steps.com
Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/@AnimStepbySteps 
Follow me on facebook www.facebook.com/AnimatedStepBySteps
Email me canadiangoosse@gmail.com

©2016 Carol Goossens’, Ph.D.
Augmentative Communication Consultant
Speech-Language Pathologist
Special Educator

No comments:

Post a Comment