Monday, January 16, 2017

Have You Noticed This Problem with the Microsoft Powerpoint app?

Before I post Animated Step-by-Steps® resources on the  Teachers Pay Teachers site, I typically import the resource into the Microsoft PowerPoint app on my iPad Pro to make sure that I haven’t overlooked any problems. Lately I’ve been noticing that the Microsoft PowerPoint app has been responding differently. 

When I use the swipe to the left motion to trigger the animations, some come in with sound, others do not. As you know from a previous post, there are two ways to trigger the ASbyS animations in PowerPoint … a swipe to the left …. and touching an imaginary narrow vertical bar on the far right side of the screen. In the past my thinking has always been … If the child can motorically perform a reliable swipe to the left, go with that as it has a more direct cognitive link to the stars signaling an animation; otherwise, go with the tap on the far right as it is motorically easier.

This ‘animation-sound’ problem does not occur when using the Microsoft PowerPoint software on the computer or by extension on the interactive whiteboard. I’ve field tested some simple modifications but none seem to solve the problem. I’ve been hanging out on the microsoft office forums trying to find an explanation or more importantly a solution but so far have received no insight into the problem.


So in the interim, when you use your Animated Step-by-Step resource on your iPad, you may need to trigger the page animations by touching the ‘imaginary bar’ on the far right of your iPad screen.



Stay tuned. I hope a solution will be forthcoming.

…’til the next post …  (new posts every Monday)

Visit my website   http://animatedstep-by-steps.com
Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/@AnimStepbySteps
Follow me on facebook www.facebook.com/AnimatedStepBySteps
Email me canadiangoosse@gmail.com

©2017 Carol Goossens’, Ph.D.
Augmentative Communication Consultant
Speech-Language Pathologist
Special Educator

No comments:

Post a Comment